It’s a new year. I look back at my–more and more–infrequent posts and think I had better start blogging regularly. But, as I get older, I realize that many of my thoughts are not worthy of preservation. I don’t want to make resolutions, but there’s a few things that I think everyone should do to help make the world a little better.
- Do something civic-minded:
- Attend a neighborhood meeting
- Canvas for a candidate
- Run for office
- Volunteer for something
- Learn something new:
- A new program
- A new language
- How to knit
- Park far away and walk
- Dust off your bike; see if you still remember how
- Grab some soup cans and lift them while you watch TV
- Clean up enough so that if guests showed up at your door you could invite them in, but not so much that your mother would feel at home in your house
- Meet a friend regularly. Give them a hat you knit yourself.
- Say “Yes” when people ask you to do something
That’s what I plan on doing this year. Maybe I’ll get some inspiration to write.